Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Jeff P. good or bad for SJC

Default Is Jeff P. good or bad for SJC

wanted to get everyone thoughts

Rumor is he personally ran out the roses

It is not good when a booster or supporter (financial) has power in the decision making process of hiring and firing coaches.

His group has been instrumental in helping to get the new field put in, but they were also responsible for getting rid of Scott Holt (who did a very good job with the talent he had down there).

i also hear HE is the reason why the new head ball coach cant find any assistant coaches

Does anyone know St. Johns record five years prior to his involvement and what it has been since then???

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    i also hear HE is the reason why the new head ball coach cant find any assistant coaches
    Has Merryman named any assistants yet?

Valued Contributor

Would the school be open without his support or leadership? I do not personally know him or have an opinion either way. My question is just something to think about. Sometimes, there is good and bad that come with the package. Could this be the case? Again, I have no idea--just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfan View Post
    Does anyone know St. Johns record five years prior to his involvement and what it has been since then???
    im not sure when he headed down to the side line but when coach daily was running the show they where an above .500 program that actually COMPETED with their local rivals (shadyside, bridgeport) now SJC varsity would have a hard time beating shadysides 8th grade team

Ive talked to coach merryman personally and i know for a fact he has at least 8 coaches on his staff. So i dont know where your info has come from.

I hear more negative than good when it comes to this subject. Can anyone supply some background info?

Quote Originally Posted by wilma View Post
    Ive talked to coach merryman personally and i know for a fact he has at least 8 coaches on his staff. So i dont know where your info has come from.
    then post the names please ..... because word on the street is that all of his assitants where backin out

now that i think about it if he does bring 8 coaches he"ll more coaches than players

thatguy, what street central ave? Im sorry he hasnt personally contacted you too get your approval.

actually Guernsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by wilma View Post
    I have no opinion on this subject...but is one of them the person that this topic is about???

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    This is 100% false. I believe the assistants are all in place, actually another signed on today. To be honest, he had several coaches call and ask for jobs that he turned down, one of which has since accepted a head coaching position. It's obvious you have an axe to grind, and no factual information to base your posts on.

I know Coach Merryman and when I see him I will ask him and he will tell me, but unless it is a secret, why not let us know???

Oh so he needs to release his staff on a message board. Maybe u should just ask him in person. or better yet maybe he should call the usa today and release it there. then everyone will know. im glad Bellaire St. john has got ur attention. lol. this is too much.

Sorry Wilma......your right. He don't need to. Honestly, I could care less. Not going to stay up thinking about it all night!!!!!!!!

OVATHLETICS.COM 3K CLUB Jello Man's Avatar

As long as the local population keeps going down -- and as long as SJC keeps losing potential students to BD -- I don't think it will even matter.