Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave Reasbeck resigns as Martins Ferry girls basketball coach

Default Dave Reasbeck resigns as Martins Ferry girls basketball coach

Dave Reasbeck resigns as Martins Ferry girls basketball coach per WTRF7's Mike Anthony and MJRef
    Last edited by secretstud96; 04-10-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”- Sun Tzu

Did anyone check their facts on this one, or is it going to turn out like the Bruney rumor started by this site?

http://www.timesleaderonline.com/pag....html?nav=5012

Mike Anthony reported it on his Twitter Account...
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”- Sun Tzu

Ohhhh, so if it's wrong, THIS one gets blamed on Anthony and not OVAthletics?

Quote Originally Posted by mfmedic28 View Post
    Ohhhh, so if it's wrong, THIS one gets blamed on Anthony and not OVAthletics?
    go here for an apology

http://www.ovathletics.com/forum/sho...-Bruney-resign

I talked to Dave Reasbeck, he resigned today.

The apology should come from the member who posted the rumor, not from Brian Gossett. He didn't publish it. As was said on Facebook...."I would like to apologize to our readers for the FALSE information posted about Dave Bruney. The reports were unconfirmed, and published by our staff without manager approval. I am sorry for all confusion - Brian Gossett".

I understand everyone's frustration. We have 7 staff writers on hand, and they try their best to keep our readers with good content. This is the first time since the site has been live (that I can think of) that we made the mistake of publishing an outright falsehood.

I am fortunate enough to receive most of the accolades that come from this site; and in this case, I will bare the burden of our bad publicity as well.
    "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Quote Originally Posted by OVATHLETICS.COM View Post
    I understand everyone's frustration. We have 7 staff writers on hand, and they try their best to keep our readers with good content. This is the first time since the site has been live (that I can think of) that we made the mistake of publishing an outright falsehood.

I am fortunate enough to receive most of the accolades that come from this site; and in this case, I will bare the burden of our bad publicity as well.

We're all a team here, it's on all of us.

I for one think it is not a big deal...we all have made mistakes in our profession. No harm no foul!!!

My question is, who will take over this job now?

Quote Originally Posted by MJref View Post
    My question is, who will take over this job now?
    Are we talking about Reasbeck or Bruney.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfan View Post
    I for one think it is not a big deal...we all have made mistakes in our profession. No harm no foul!!!
    True...all the more reason for the person who wrote it to man-up and offer an explanation and apology. Not hide behind Brian, or a "team". I wish MY boss would take the blame for my screw ups. I'd definitely take my job less seriously. Ahhhh, stress-free work days!

This is a shame! Good coach, good young man. I'm sure he has his reasons, but I for one would've liked to have seen him stick around for at least another year. Good luck to whatever he has coming in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    Are we talking about Reasbeck or Bruney.

LOL~~~ We're talking Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by mfmedic28 View Post
    True...all the more reason for the person who wrote it to man-up and offer an explanation and apology. Not hide behind Brian, or a "team". I wish MY boss would take the blame for my screw ups. I'd definitely take my job less seriously. Ahhhh, stress-free work days!

Not I Or Me But Us And We

Damn, I love that Coach A~

I hope they bring back (Richard) **** Reasbeck to coach at Ferry.

Season Ticket Holder

Will someone PLEASE report that Tina Yeates is taking this position? She already teaches there.

Quote Originally Posted by imatiger View Post
    Will someone PLEASE report that Tina Yeates is taking this position? She already teaches there.
    I never really though of that, would she though?