• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secretstud96
    TROY FETTY
    • Jul 2008

Dave Reasbeck resigns as Martins Ferry girls basketball coach

Dave Reasbeck resigns as Martins Ferry girls basketball coach per WTRF7's Mike Anthony and MJRef
    Last edited by secretstud96; 04-10-2012, 11:44 AM.
    Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
    Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!”
    – Sun Tzu, quotes from the Art of War
  • mfmedic28
    Season Ticket Holder
    • Aug 2008

Did anyone check their facts on this one, or is it going to turn out like the Bruney rumor started by this site?

Asset Protection In Ohio There’s a myth that asset protection is only for the rich and famous. Both the wealthy and middle class can benefit from asset protection strategies. These strategies help people protect the assets they will need in retirement, as well as the property they want to pass on to their loved ones. […]

Comment

• secretstud96
      TROY FETTY
      • Jul 2008

Mike Anthony reported it on his Twitter Account...
      Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
      Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!”

Comment

• mfmedic28
        Season Ticket Holder
        • Aug 2008

Ohhhh, so if it's wrong, THIS one gets blamed on Anthony and not OVAthletics?

Comment

• secretstud96
          TROY FETTY
          • Jul 2008

Here is the WTRF link

Comment

• secretstud96
            TROY FETTY
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by mfmedic28 View Post
            Ohhhh, so if it's wrong, THIS one gets blamed on Anthony and not OVAthletics?
            go here for an apology

Comment

• User Removed
              Removed
              • Jun 2008

I talked to Dave Reasbeck, he resigned today.

Comment

• mfmedic28
                Season Ticket Holder
                • Aug 2008

The apology should come from the member who posted the rumor, not from Brian Gossett. He didn't publish it. As was said on Facebook...."I would like to apologize to our readers for the FALSE information posted about Dave Bruney. The reports were unconfirmed, and published by our staff without manager approval. I am sorry for all confusion - Brian Gossett".

Comment

• BrianGossett
                  Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
                  • Jun 2008

I understand everyone's frustration. We have 7 staff writers on hand, and they try their best to keep our readers with good content. This is the first time since the site has been live (that I can think of) that we made the mistake of publishing an outright falsehood.

I am fortunate enough to receive most of the accolades that come from this site; and in this case, I will bare the burden of our bad publicity as well.
                  "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• User Removed
                    Removed
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by OVATHLETICS.COM View Post
                    I understand everyone's frustration. We have 7 staff writers on hand, and they try their best to keep our readers with good content. This is the first time since the site has been live (that I can think of) that we made the mistake of publishing an outright falsehood.

I am fortunate enough to receive most of the accolades that come from this site; and in this case, I will bare the burden of our bad publicity as well.

We're all a team here, it's on all of us.

Comment

• Tigerfan
                      Valued Contributor
                      • Sep 2010

I for one think it is not a big deal...we all have made mistakes in our profession. No harm no foul!!!
                      YOU'RE NOT BORN A WINNER....YOU'RE NOT BORN A LOSER.....YOU ARE BORN A CHOOSER

Comment

• User Removed
                        Removed
                        • Jun 2008

My question is, who will take over this job now?

Comment

• knowledge
                          All Ohio Valley
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by MJref View Post
                          My question is, who will take over this job now?
                          Are we talking about Reasbeck or Bruney.

Comment

• mfmedic28
                            Season Ticket Holder
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Tigerfan View Post
                            I for one think it is not a big deal...we all have made mistakes in our profession. No harm no foul!!!
                            True...all the more reason for the person who wrote it to man-up and offer an explanation and apology. Not hide behind Brian, or a "team". I wish MY boss would take the blame for my screw ups. I'd definitely take my job less seriously. Ahhhh, stress-free work days!

Comment

• Slim Shady
                              Cheerleader
                              • Dec 2010

This is a shame! Good coach, good young man. I'm sure he has his reasons, but I for one would've liked to have seen him stick around for at least another year. Good luck to whatever he has coming in the future!

Comment

Working...
                              X