Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck to Buckeye's speedster JPIII in the 100 and 200

Default Good Luck to Buckeye's speedster JPIII in the 100 and 200

He's been very impressive so far.

For those that don't know who this is about

it is Sr. Jordan Piergallini
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”- Sun Tzu

Of all D2 District meets only two runners went sub 11 in the 100 meters. A 10.67 from a runner from Dayton Dunbar being the fastest.

My guess is there will be more, most district are not hard to get out of if you are an elite/semi elite runner. Most district you are able to cruise out of and then have to turn it up at the regional level. So, I would guess there will be more sub 11's coming this week

I hope all athletes are ready for the Regionals.
    I am sure some will be "juiced".
    I.C. T.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits

Quote Originally Posted by icausetrouble View Post
    I hope all athletes are ready for the Regionals.
    I am sure some will be "juiced".

Stay Classy!
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”- Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by secretstud96 View Post

Stay Classy!
    I believe sprinters and throwers are the most likely suspects especially when their best efforts improve DRAMATICALLY!!!!
    I.C. T.

I am pretty sure Buckeye Local has drug testing, so to accuse an individual of "juicing" is totally off base and could be considered slanderous.

He never ran the 100 or 200 individually until this year. He just long jumped. He played baseball for his freshmen and sophomore year at Catholic Central. So he did come out of nowhere.

I believe sprinters and throwers are the most likely suspects especially when their best efforts improve DRAMATICALLY!!!!
    The athletes start to "taper" their workouts so they "peak" for important meets. Watch the times of distance runners really drop the next two weeks if they have a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by osubuckeye View Post
    I am pretty sure Buckeye Local has drug testing, so to accuse an individual of "juicing" is totally off base and could be considered slanderous.
    I did NOT accuse any specific individual of anything. As far as drug testing goes, many athletes (Ben Johnson, Roger Clemens, etc) have passed drug tests that are more thorough than those given at the high school level.
    There are lots of rumors regarding use (misuse) of “supplements” by local athletes in many sports. These rumors, whether founded or unfounded, should be expected for any athlete that “comes out of nowhere” and rises to become among the best in the valley and state. My opinion is that in track, sprinters and throwers would have the most to gain by “juicing” and the subsequent improvements would be more than normally expected.
    I.C. T.

CAS8043 "The athletes start to "taper" their workouts so they "peak" for important meets. Watch the times of distance runners really drop the next two weeks if they have a good coach."

I did not realize that local high school track athletes did that. (To be honest, I did not expect local track coaches to be smart enough to figure out how to do it correctly.)
    I.C. T.

IC - TROUBLE

This thread was intended to wish a hard working High School athlete the best in Athens and hopefully Columbus. Not for your BS. Give credit where credit is due.

Good Luck JPIII

I.C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by secretstud96 View Post
    He never ran the 100 or 200 individually until this year. He just long jumped. He played baseball for his freshmen and sophomore year at Catholic Central. So he did come out of nowhere.
    He ran the 100m last year. He ran in the 11.5 to 12.0 range. This is not a comment on the other topic, merely correcting you.

OR

I.C. T.

Season Ticket Holder

tonight at our Div. 1 regionals held at Pickerington north HS,,4 boys 4x800 relay teams all broke the regional record and in the girls 100m HHs the top 4 qualifiers to the finals were 14.14, 14.41, 14.21 and 14.74..in the girls 300LHs the top 4 were 42.53,44.13,44.32 and 44.35. in the boys 110HHs it was 14.19, 14.27 14.56 and 14.81. the boys 300s were pretty fast too,,it was almost like being at the state meet at our regionals today,,the finals on friday will be very fast !

CAS8043 "The athletes start to "taper" their workouts so they "peak" for important meets. Watch the times of distance runners really drop the next two weeks if they have a good coach."

I did not realize that local high school track athletes did that. (To be honest, I did not expect local track coaches to be smart enough to figure out how to do it correctly.)
    I will say that Jeremy Midei (SJC) is as good as any high school distance coach in the state. I would love to see him get the talent that walks around the halls of a large school. Look at the results of his runners compared to the other athletes at SJC. If he went to a large school in this valley they could retire the OVA? X-C trophy to that school.

There are a lot of quality distance coaches on both sides of the river that know how to train and taper their athletes resulting in peak performances at the end of the season. I have also seen athletes that either did not listen to their coaches or who had coaches that did not understand this concept and they end up running their best times too early in the season.
    RICH S>

Quote Originally Posted by cas8043 View Post
    I will say that Jeremy Midei (SJC) is as good as any high school distance coach in the state.
    I totally agree. In addition to what he does with his kids at St. Johns he also lends a lot of help to other programs around the valley. He's been very influential in the development of Tara Tollett (Shadyside).