• Jun 2010

Good Luck to Buckeye's speedster JPIII in the 100 and 200

He's been very impressive so far.
  • secretstud96
    TROY FETTY
    • Jul 2008

For those that don't know who this is about

it is Sr. Jordan Piergallini
    Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
    Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!”
    – Sun Tzu, quotes from the Art of War

Comment

• Jake
      OVATHLETICS.COM 3K CLUB
      • Nov 2010

Of all D2 District meets only two runners went sub 11 in the 100 meters. A 10.67 from a runner from Dayton Dunbar being the fastest.

Comment

• footballfan
        Season Ticket Holder
        • Jun 2008

My guess is there will be more, most district are not hard to get out of if you are an elite/semi elite runner. Most district you are able to cruise out of and then have to turn it up at the regional level. So, I would guess there will be more sub 11's coming this week

Comment

• icausetrouble
          All Ohio Valley
          • Aug 2008

I hope all athletes are ready for the Regionals.
          I am sure some will be "juiced".
          I.C. T.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits

Comment

• secretstud96
            TROY FETTY
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by icausetrouble View Post
            I hope all athletes are ready for the Regionals.
            I am sure some will be "juiced".

Stay Classy!
            Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
            Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!”

Comment

• icausetrouble
              All Ohio Valley
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by secretstud96 View Post

Stay Classy!
              I believe sprinters and throwers are the most likely suspects especially when their best efforts improve DRAMATICALLY!!!!
              I.C. T.

Comment

• osubuckeye
                Cheerleader
                • Sep 2009

I am pretty sure Buckeye Local has drug testing, so to accuse an individual of "juicing" is totally off base and could be considered slanderous.

Comment

• secretstud96
                  TROY FETTY
                  • Jul 2008

He never ran the 100 or 200 individually until this year. He just long jumped. He played baseball for his freshmen and sophomore year at Catholic Central. So he did come out of nowhere.

Comment

• cas8043
                    Donating Member
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by icausetrouble View Post
                    I believe sprinters and throwers are the most likely suspects especially when their best efforts improve DRAMATICALLY!!!!
                    The athletes start to "taper" their workouts so they "peak" for important meets. Watch the times of distance runners really drop the next two weeks if they have a good coach.
                    http://www.wtov9.com/video/26022754/index.html
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5WeByMzLSc

Comment

• icausetrouble
                      All Ohio Valley
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by osubuckeye View Post
                      I am pretty sure Buckeye Local has drug testing, so to accuse an individual of "juicing" is totally off base and could be considered slanderous.
                      I did NOT accuse any specific individual of anything. As far as drug testing goes, many athletes (Ben Johnson, Roger Clemens, etc) have passed drug tests that are more thorough than those given at the high school level.
                      There are lots of rumors regarding use (misuse) of “supplements” by local athletes in many sports. These rumors, whether founded or unfounded, should be expected for any athlete that “comes out of nowhere” and rises to become among the best in the valley and state. My opinion is that in track, sprinters and throwers would have the most to gain by “juicing” and the subsequent improvements would be more than normally expected.
                      I.C. T.

Comment

• icausetrouble
                        All Ohio Valley
                        • Aug 2008

CAS8043 "The athletes start to "taper" their workouts so they "peak" for important meets. Watch the times of distance runners really drop the next two weeks if they have a good coach."

I did not realize that local high school track athletes did that. (To be honest, I did not expect local track coaches to be smart enough to figure out how to do it correctly.)
                        I.C. T.

Comment

• Rookie
                          Valued Contributor
                          • Jun 2010

IC - TROUBLE

This thread was intended to wish a hard working High School athlete the best in Athens and hopefully Columbus. Not for your BS. Give credit where credit is due.

Good Luck JPIII

Comment

• icausetrouble
                            All Ohio Valley
                            • Aug 2008

I.C. T.

Comment

• goirish9
                              Cheerleader
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by secretstud96 View Post
                              He never ran the 100 or 200 individually until this year. He just long jumped. He played baseball for his freshmen and sophomore year at Catholic Central. So he did come out of nowhere.
                              He ran the 100m last year. He ran in the 11.5 to 12.0 range. This is not a comment on the other topic, merely correcting you.

Comment

Working...
                              X