X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrianGossett
    Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
    • Jun 2008

It would be hard to pick a lineup. Honestly, if you're looking for the "best" game, you could just list nearly all of Steubenville's games.

Sponsorship play a big roll in this, thus the reason you see several games that are St. Clairsville, Wheeling (Park & Central), Weirton (Weir & Madonna), and Steubenville (Central & Big Red) based. Between those cities alone, you have 9 games!

Its a money game, and I get that. With that said, it would be ideal if you could only get 1 game of the year - giving some other schools like Cambridge, Magnolia, Parkersburg, A Goodrich lead John Marshall team, etc.

Like I said though, money makes this thing possible, and you've got to support your piggy bank.
    "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• thinthickbigred
      Suspended Member
      • Jun 2011

Id like to see a game like Massillon vs McKinley on TV or another huge rival game maybe Ursulin vs Mooney . I do believe if you have good sales people at TV 9 they could get sponsers for such games ,simply because a whole lot of people would watch the games . I wish they would research such games further . Heck Id like to see Martinsburg play another WVA power . Id watch that game .

Comment

• edrforshey
        WV High School Football Insider
        • Jul 2008

Heck Id like to see Martinsburg play another WVA power . Id watch that game .
        That would be very hard to get on a schedule, cause Martinsburg only plays 1 team that would be considered a powerhouse in WV: Morgantown.

They only play 5 WV total.
        The other 4 all being in the Eastern Panhadle with Martinsburg:
        Musselman
        Hedgesville
        Jefferson
        Washington
        PARKERSBURG BIG REDS
        Home of 16 AAA
        WV State Football Titles

"The will to be a Champion means nothing,
        If you don't have the will to prepare."

Comment

• edrforshey
          WV High School Football Insider
          • Jul 2008

I just wish we could get WTOV 9 or WTRF 7 on our cable in Parkersburg.
          7 comes to St Marys, but farther South.
          Last edited by edrforshey; 06-08-2012, 01:44 PM.
          PARKERSBURG BIG REDS
          Home of 16 AAA
          WV State Football Titles

"The will to be a Champion means nothing,
          If you don't have the will to prepare."

Comment

• secretstud96
            TROY FETTY
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by thinthickbigred View Post
            Id like to see a game like Massillon vs McKinley on TV or another huge rival game maybe Ursulin vs Mooney . I do believe if you have good sales people at TV 9 they could get sponsers for such games ,simply because a whole lot of people would watch the games . I wish they would research such games further . Heck Id like to see Martinsburg play another WVA power . Id watch that game .
            I think that game is on Sports Time Ohio ...I don't get that channel
            Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
            Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!”
            – Sun Tzu, quotes from the Art of War

Comment

• goldenwarrior79
              Ohio Valley Sports Expert
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by secretstud96 View Post
              that's why I dumped comcast and went with directv !!!!
              Wintersville class of 79

Comment

• thinthickbigred
                Suspended Member
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by secretstud96 View Post
                I dont either

Comment

• FairwoodKing
                  Valued Contributor
                  • Jun 2010

WTOV9 used to broadcast the games over the internet, but they didn't do it last year. I used to watch the games no matter who was playing. Is there any way to get the station to start doing this again?

Comment

• ohio3002
                    OVATHLETICS.COM 3K CLUB
                    • Aug 2011

Stupid schedule, WTOV9 sports has about as much of a clue as WTRF7 now... Bellaire-Ferry is the only long rivalry in this valley, Buckeye-Ferry should be on over 2 SCC games...and who was the GENIUS that put Bridgeport v St. Johns and Barnesville v Union Local on?!?!?!?!?!?! UL and the Irish are like a combined 1-19 the last 2 years... and UL lost their only decent player to graduation. Is there even electricity at St. John field for that game? And Harrison v St.C or Harrison v Ferry would have been better than most of this garbage. In 2012, if you want to see the best game in town, drive to the town and buy a ticket, because its not on Ch9. Combine that with the fact you have to watch the AllStar Game, king in the valley, on something stupid called Me-TV!

Comment

• cas8043
                      Donating Member
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by ohio3002 View Post
                      Stupid schedule, WTOV9 sports has about as much of a clue as WTRF7 now... Bellaire-Ferry is the only long rivalry in this valley, Buckeye-Ferry should be on over 2 SCC games...and who was the GENIUS that put Bridgeport v St. Johns and Barnesville v Union Local on?!?!?!?!?!?! UL and the Irish are like a combined 1-19 the last 2 years... and UL lost their only decent player to graduation. Is there even electricity at St. John field for that game? And Harrison v St.C or Harrison v Ferry would have been better than most of this garbage. In 2012, if you want to see the best game in town, drive to the town and buy a ticket, because its not on Ch9. Combine that with the fact you have to watch the AllStar Game, king in the valley, on something stupid called Me-TV!
                      St. John v. Bridgeport game is being played on the Island on a Thursday night.
                      http://www.wtov9.com/video/26022754/index.html
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5WeByMzLSc

Comment

• Tyler42
                        All Ohio Valley
                        • May 2012

This is by far the worst game of the week schedule I've ever seen

Comment

• St_C_dirkadirka
                          Valued Contributor
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by goldenwarrior79 View Post
                          that's why I dumped comcast and went with directv !!!!
                          AMEN to that. With STO on Direct TV, I get to watch my Tribe pull another June swoon too!

Comment

• 88 Bulldog
                            Valued Contributor
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by ohio3002 View Post
                            Not even the mighty WTOV 9 with the OVAC's money can take the Olympics off the air for a high school all star game. That's why the game is on Me-TV (man the Mary Tyler Moore and Happy Days fans are going to be mad). Hope the mosquito's come back this year. Don Sloan spenidng 20 minutes talking about them is must see TV. lol

Comment

• riverpilot33
                              Cheerleader
                              • Dec 2008

Mayflies not mosquitoes. And it was a site to see!!!

Comment

• MountaineerDawg
                                Valued Contributor
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by riverpilot33 View Post
                                Mayflies not mosquitoes. And it was a site to see!!!
                                I was at an opener at Monarch Stadium one year and there was a HUGE gnat infestation everywhere, then at the begining of the 2nd half many praying mantis started showing up and the gnats were goners.
                                "Some of it magic, some of it tragic, but I had a good life all the way." J. Buffett

Comment

Working...
                                X