• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slony
    Valued Contributor
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by TrueLies View Post
    Why no love for Brad Lewis, 4 year starter at Shadyside, Graduated 1997, 2 year starter at WVU, Graduated 2002, Out dueled Eli Manning in the Music City Bowl, Dec 2000, 49-38, was selected the MVP in that bowl game. I would think he would be at least included in the poll.
    FYI WV U had a 49-9 lead in the 3rd qtr and who ever Ole Miss starting QB was got benched for Eli who almost brought them back

Comment

• shadysidesue
      The Yoda of Ohio Valley Sports
      • Sep 2010

Watched that game being that Brad Lewis was a former Shadyside Tiger! He played a great game and was named the MVP. I do remember getting concerned when a "young" Eli Manning took over at quarterback and almost turned that game around. I remember thinking, this kid is going to be a great player. Where is Brad Lewis now? Always thought if Rich hadn't come to West Virginia, Brad might have been in the NFL.
      Tiger Pride Is On Our Side!!

Comment

• Hellatthebell04
        JV Squad
        • Aug 2013

If Collaris played at Bellaire do you really think he would have started over Nate Davis??? I think not.

Comment

• FairwoodKing
          Valued Contributor
          • Jun 2010

If Davis had played at Big Red, do you really think he would have started over Collaros? I seriously doubt it.

Comment

• mlproc
            Valued Contributor
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FairwoodKing View Post
            If Davis had played at Big Red, do you really think he would have started over Collaros? I seriously doubt it.
            Nate would have started over Collaros at either Bellaire or STB IMO.

Comment

• Prider76
              Cheerleader
              • Oct 2013

Freddie Ray of Martins Ferry....Great arm, speed and size....Stats didn't show it because Ferry on throws 10 times a game.

Comment

• BaronvSteuben
                All Ohio Valley
                • Oct 2013

Joe Prest from Catholic Central (1954-56) deserves to be in this discussion. 41 TD passes in an era when the running game was king is very impressive.

Comment

• bigbob4122
                  Suspended Member
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by mlproc View Post
                  Nate would have started over Collaros at either Bellaire or STB IMO.
                  Not at Big Red . Davis probably would have been a wide out. Both are great athletes and great QB's . Many times players play a position that is not the best position for them talent wise. Some of it is politics and some of it is getting the best talent on the field by any means. Some people play out of position.

Comment

• bigbob4122
                    Suspended Member
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Hellatthebell04 View Post
                    If Collaris played at Bellaire do you really think he would have started over Nate Davis??? I think not.
                    Collaros is the best HS QB I ever saw. He is very accurate and very mobile . Outstanding QB . Two state titles prooves his legacy.

Comment

• FairwoodKing
                      Valued Contributor
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by bigbob4122 View Post
                      Collaros is the best HS QB I ever saw. He is very accurate and very mobile . Outstanding QB . Two state titles prooves his legacy.
                      We couldn't have won those state titles without him. His 100-yard pick-6 against Dover saved our season and our title.

Comment

• Jake
                        OVATHLETICS.COM 3K CLUB
                        • Nov 2010

Most Bellaire fans will choose Jose over Nate as Bellaire's All Time quarterback, something he clearly is. Nate simply had the stronger arm. IMO, it is the ability of Collaros to play outstanding defense that make him the best all around between these three quarterbacks, including foot speed.

Comment

• redtothebone
                          Suspended Member
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by bigbob4122 View Post
                          Nothing against Nate or Jose, but Zach's defensive play and the "intangible" about him~ he passionately did not like to lose. Additionally his continued success against the odds at Cinci and now in the CFL, continue to impress ~ with all these QBs going down in the NFL, I wouldn't doubt that he gets a call ~ look at as some of these backups Seneca Wallace, etc. ~give me Collaros. Still pisses me off that the Bucs with all the crap they have and kept ahead of him felt he was "too short". Tell that to the Seahawks, they went with Russell Wilson~a player shorter than Zach, highly intelligent, with a very similar skill set.
                          Last edited by redtothebone; 11-11-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• BaronvSteuben
                            All Ohio Valley
                            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by redtothebone View Post
                            Nothing against Nate or Jose, but Zach's defensive play and the "intangible" about him~ he passionately did not like to lose. Additionally his continued success against the odds at Cinci and now in the CFL, continue to impress ~ with all these QBs going down in the NFL, I wouldn't doubt that he gets a call ~ look at as some of these backups Seneca Wallace, etc. ~give me Collaros. Still pisses me off that the Bucs with all the crap they have and kept ahead of him felt he was "too short". Tell that to the Seahawks, they went with Russell Wilson~a player shorter than Zach, highly intelligent, with a very similar skill set.
                            In 2005 Collaros took over the Akron SVSM game after Big Red went down 14-0 in the 4th quarter and the 2nd half against DeSales in the state championship game. That's what winners do.

Comment

• Stigers
                              Rookie
                              • Nov 2013

Mike Kernik

Comment

• ferflog
                                Moderator & Donating Member
                                • Jun 2008

Enough said!!
                                You can take the boy out of the 'Ville, but you can't take the 'Ville out of the boy!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X