• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrianGossett
    Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by MonarchPower View Post
    The sky is not falling. WV did decent this year in a much tougher conference.
    You can argue that this is one of the most athletic rosters (man for man) that WVU has ever had... and this is the best they could do?
    "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• edrforshey
      WV High School Football Insider
      • Jul 2008

The wind effected the defense cause the offense couldn't do crap in that weather, so defense spent even more snaps on the field.

When that offense scored 50 we had a chance, cause that defense was giving up 49+ against everyone.
      PARKERSBURG BIG REDS
      Home of 16 AAA
      WV State Football Titles

"The will to be a Champion means nothing,
      If you don't have the will to prepare."

Comment

• n2tcnla
        Suspended Member
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by OVATHLETICS.COM View Post
        You can argue that this is one of the most athletic rosters (man for man) that WVU has ever had... and this is the best they could do?
        Yes on offense, what people fail to realize, they could have/should have won what atleast 3-4 more games if the D could have made one play.
        One more thing and this is my opinion but they had 3 or 4 of the most exciting games that I saw all year.

Comment

• Officer Slater
          MICHAEL KRANAK
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OVATHLETICS.COM View Post
          Stewart was run out of town because he had a 9 win season. What happens now?

On a more somber note, I felt for Conner when he dropped that wide open pass in the first half.
          Yours, mine, and everyone else from Weirton/Morgantown that knows him. I hated seeing so many local kids rip him on Twitter. Should he have caught it, yes; however, I'm sure the temperature and field conditions didn't help.
          don't trust the police; no justice no peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sf2feZ85ic

Originally posted by BUCKEYE
          Wheeling Central is twice the team Madonna is.

Not this year, not ever madonna.

get ready for a good old fashion butt whippings

Comment

• slony
            Valued Contributor
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by n2tcnla View Post
            Yes on offense, what people fail to realize, they could have/should have won what atleast 3-4 more games if the D could have made one play.
            One more thing and this is my opinion but they had 3 or 4 of the most exciting games that I saw all year.
            no they had 2 1pt losses tcu and oklahoma if the defense or the non athletic kicker makes 1 kick wvu is 9-3 they got hammered by tech,okie and k state

Comment

• slony
              Valued Contributor
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Officer Slater View Post
              Yours, mine, and everyone else from Weirton/Morgantown that knows him. I hated seeing so many local kids rip him on Twitter. Should he have caught it, yes; however, I'm sure the temperature and field conditions didn't help.
              he catches it they still lose 38-14 so im not even upset about his drop it kinda was symbolic of wvu's season

Comment

• cas8043
                Donating Member
                • Jul 2008

If you play the "what if" game, what if the offense makes one less play in each the Texas and Baylor game, then WVU is 5-7.
                http://www.wtov9.com/video/26022754/index.html
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5WeByMzLSc

Comment

• slony
                  Valued Contributor
                  • Aug 2008

changes are coming to morgantown

Comment

• BrianGossett
                    Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
                    • Jun 2008

Our Travis Berardi reflects on the Mountaineers season. A good piece.

The 2012 West Virginia Mountaineer Football team came into the 2012 season with high hopes. Following the 70 – 24 romping of Clemson in last year’s Discover Orange Bowl, which only the state of WV picked would win (as usual), the Mountaineers were preseason ranked number 11 in both poles with a high powered offense, […]
                    "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• calisback619
                      All Ohio Valley
                      • Jun 2008

Wvu lost one of their best committments today to Louisville defensive tacke De'Asian Richardson.

Comment

• MonarchPower
                        All Ohio Valley
                        • Jun 2008

Deasian Richardson was not going to qualify academically anyhow so thats not a big loss for WV. He will end up at a juco and most likely will never play for Louisville.

Comment

• slony
                          Valued Contributor
                          • Aug 2008

dont worry boys we are on our back Tony bleeping Gibson is coming home

Comment

Working...
                          X