Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: The Ron Mauck OVAC Championship!

  1. #1

    Default The Ron Mauck OVAC Championship!

    Seedin g meeting is this Sunday.

    Any thought?

  2. #2
    MICHAEL KRANAK Officer Slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,904
    Rep Power
    934

    Default

    Possible four time OVAC champion in Brooke's Dillon Shaw at 152.

    Garrett Hypes returns after a two-year hiatus from the mat and looks to be in prime form at 152.

    160 and 195 will be the weight classes to watch! Both are loaded.


    Once brackets are released, I'll give my picks.
    don't trust the police; no justice no peace

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sf2feZ85ic

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKEYE View Post
    Wheeling Central is twice the team Madonna is.

    Not this year, not ever madonna.

    get ready for a good old fashion butt whippings

  3. #3
    Valued Contributor powtowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out the Crick
    Posts
    1,057
    Rep Power
    501

    Default

    Hmmm..... I think 2 time finalist and returning champ Alex Quinn will have a lil bit of a say in who wins 152.... If you want to bet a twelve pack on who wins 152..... I drink Bud light.......

  4. #4
    Valued Contributor powtowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out the Crick
    Posts
    1,057
    Rep Power
    501

    Default

    seeds released tomorrow and brackets on wendsday???

  5. #5

    Default

    Both released tomorrow

  6. #6
    Valued Contributor powtowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out the Crick
    Posts
    1,057
    Rep Power
    501

    Default

    thats good! I couldnt remember. Always remember seeing the brackets in the paper on thursday. I know the Coaches get them on monday at the media day. Once you put them up Shaggy, me and the wifey will add our 2 cents as always...

    Garret back wrestling is a great thing! I will be sure to look Gary up at the event!

  7. #7

    Default

    Does Bridgeport have any shot at the team title???

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy71 View Post
    Both released tomorrow
    What time tomorrow? Evening i am guessing.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Slater View Post
    Possible four time OVAC champion in Brooke's Dillon Shaw at 152.

    Garrett Hypes returns after a two-year hiatus from the mat and looks to be in prime form at 152.

    160 and 195 will be the weight classes to watch! Both are loaded.


    Once brackets are released, I'll give my picks.


    Shaw is very talented but Quinn is too much. Quinn at times in the past has screwed around a bit during matches if he does maybe Shaw will have a chance. 152 is loaded. If you look at the entry sheets on Baumspage. 126 got more interesting with Frankie Williams Dropping. As always anything can and will happen.

  10. #10

    Default

    I will have the seeds and brackets up tonight after the meeting. Sometime around 9pm or so.

  11. #11

    Default

    Seeds and Brackets are up

  12. #12
    Valued Contributor powtowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out the Crick
    Posts
    1,057
    Rep Power
    501

    Default

    Some interesting first round matches to keep your eyes on, Imho. If the brackets dont change of course.

    106 Chad Tubaugh JM vs Wyatt Skypik Shady
    145 Nico Moray Steu vs Drew Lowery Tor
    Kevin Scrudders Camb vs Quinten Blatt JM
    152 Mack Miller EL vs Andrew Cunningham BD
    Gage Deem Mag vs Chris Phillips Tor (could be the suprise of the tourny!)
    160 Ryan Simmons JM vs Danny Colby WP
    170 Tristen Jones BL vs Mike Wear MF
    195 Brett Rosen Riv vs Preston Bier Beal

  13. #13
    MICHAEL KRANAK Officer Slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,904
    Rep Power
    934

    Default

    OS will be giving his picks after work tomorrow
    don't trust the police; no justice no peace

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sf2feZ85ic

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKEYE View Post
    Wheeling Central is twice the team Madonna is.

    Not this year, not ever madonna.

    get ready for a good old fashion butt whippings

  14. #14

    Default

    Il bet a weeks pay leppla beats quinn in the finals!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redskin2010 View Post
    Il bet a weeks pay leppla beats quinn in the finals!
    Bold statement!

    152 should be a fun weight class to watch!

  16. #16

    Default

    ill add a few
    bout 4 Wilson Barn vs Zoumpoudis MF
    Bout 20 Timko STC vs Starkey Tor
    bout 45 Forrester HC vs Knotts PS ( Knotts is one to watch in this weight)
    bout 51 Pattison Brk vs Martsolf BvL
    bout 68 Roset WP vs Gamble Brk
    bout 100 I like Moray and Lowery also with bout 108 Scrudders Camb vs Blatt
    bout 118 Leake ED vs ODell Steub
    bout 119 Deem Mag vs Phillips Tor





    Quote Originally Posted by powtowner View Post
    Some interesting first round matches to keep your eyes on, Imho. If the brackets dont change of course.

    106 Chad Tubaugh JM vs Wyatt Skypik Shady
    145 Nico Moray Steu vs Drew Lowery Tor
    Kevin Scrudders Camb vs Quinten Blatt JM
    152 Mack Miller EL vs Andrew Cunningham BD
    Gage Deem Mag vs Chris Phillips Tor (could be the suprise of the tourny!)
    160 Ryan Simmons JM vs Danny Colby WP
    170 Tristen Jones BL vs Mike Wear MF
    195 Brett Rosen Riv vs Preston Bier Beal

  17. #17

    Default

    My guesses.

    106 Wilson No problem
    113 Hill too much for Henderson-Baciak, great semi
    120 Patterson
    126 Craig
    132 Lopez nice weight class
    138 Taylor
    145 Baker 1st of 3?? Davis wrestling tough
    152 Quinn nice weight class
    160 Kinemond same as above, Colby finalist
    170 Rayner
    182 Amos Pin city, no problem
    195 Dawson Keenan 2nd close
    220 Moray should have no problem
    Hwy Ortiz

  18. #18

    Default

    My predictions

    106 wilson
    113 hill
    120 patterson
    126 craig
    132 foster
    138 taylor
    145 baker
    152 leppla, with huge upset!
    160 kinemond, but nolte will be in it all the way to the last seacond
    170 rayner, semi's match against constante should be more interesting than championship
    182 amos, leasure will give him all he can handle won't be a pin
    195 dawson
    220 moray, he will be the hercules winner
    285 ortiz

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redskin2010 View Post
    Il bet a weeks pay leppla beats quinn in the finals!
    WoW I Dont know what Planet you've lived on or maybe you dont have a job and have no money for your wager but Bold is an understatement. Quinn is the last guy id bet against. He does play around occaisionally but highly doubtful in the ovac final. Im not taking anything away from leppla heis very good but i still feel a long shot. But hey Its the ovacs you never know when the upset bug is going to bite.

  20. #20

    Default

    Revised brackets up

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •