X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powtowner
    Valued Contributor
    • Jul 2008

it might be better than the Buckeye kid's strategy of headbutting off the whistle to try and tick Quinn off! He ended up getting launched a 1/3 of the way onto another mat while Quinn got the lateral-drop takedown.... and pinned soon after. As for the Leasure vs Quinn match, it was finals at sectionals. Some kid's superbowl is the first week then they go home the second.... some stand on the podium after the 3rd week. For some the sectionals dont matter all that much.

Comment

• powtowner
      Valued Contributor
      • Jul 2008

Finals start at 7...Because of a Penquin game on wtov 9

Comment

• John_Rambo
        Donating Member
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by powtowner View Post
        it might be better than the Buckeye kid's strategy of headbutting off the whistle to try and tick Quinn off! He ended up getting launched a 1/3 of the way onto another mat while Quinn got the lateral-drop takedown.... and pinned soon after. As for the Leasure vs Quinn match, it was finals at sectionals. Some kid's superbowl is the first week then they go home the second.... some stand on the podium after the 3rd week. For some the sectionals dont matter all that much.
        That was beautiful!
        “Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”

DAN GABLE

Comment

• vinman
          Season Ticket Holder
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by secretstud96 View Post
          12 ..semis
          6 Parade of champions
          6:30 wrestling
          Thanks Troy

Comment

• Harvard/Yale
            Valued Contributor
            • Oct 2012

I'm wondering what kind of crowd reception Big Red Wrestler Craig is getting every time he takes the mat? Anyone?

Comment

• shaggy71
              SEAN SMITH
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Harvard/Yale View Post
              I'm wondering what kind of crowd reception Big Red Wrestler Craig is getting every time he takes the mat? Anyone?
              Come down and find out!

Comment

• Lakeshoredr
                All Ohio Valley
                • Jul 2008

Keeping them the same. Would like to see Davis keep it close at the end and win it but Baker looks tough.

Originally posted by Lakeshoredr View Post
                My guesses.

106 Wilson No problem
                113 Hill too much for Henderson-Baciak, great semi
                120 Patterson
                126 Craig
                132 Lopez nice weight class
                138 Taylor
                145 Baker 1st of 3?? Davis wrestling tough
                152 Quinn nice weight class
                160 Kinemond same as above, Colby finalist
                170 Rayner
                182 Amos Pin city, no problem
                195 Dawson Keenan 2nd close
                220 Moray should have no problem
                Hwy Ortiz
                Finals

106 Tariq Wilson Steub vs Logan Ball PS

113 Lance Hill PS vs Joshua Henderson BvL

120 Matt Beaman Brk vs Jerad Patterson Mead

126 Anthony Craig Steub vs Damon Outward MF

132 Scott Lopez Univ vs Jordan Quiocho PS

138 Dylan Taylor WP vs Ryan Lopez Univ

145 Ian Baker Shad vs Jonny Davis WP

152 Alex Quinn Shad vs Sawyer Leppla Camb

160 Chase Kinemond Shad vs Dalton Nolte StC

170 Kale Rayner Cald vs Daniel Lattanzio BvL

182 Cody Amos WP vs Jared Leasure Cald

195 Nathan Dawson Brk vs Charlie Keenan Steub

220 Greg Moray Steub vs Cullen Ebbert JM

285 Taylor Ortiz Morg vs Corey Ernest StC

Comment

• powtowner
                  Valued Contributor
                  • Jul 2008

12 pack and a paycheck???? anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Sawyer did wrestle a very nice match and came to wrestle. Good luck to him for the rest of the season and the post season. It was a very good match that will help both wrestlers come State time!

Comment

• Topper'95
                    Cheerleader
                    • Sep 2008

Harvard/Yale, Take that stuff somewhere else. Anthony Craig wrestled a great tournament and defeated some tough competition. Why do you have to take this thread somewhere I'm sure others would rather not go? Tonight was about a lot of weeks of hard work from our area's HS wrestlers coming together to see where they stand amogst the best in the Valley. Instead you insist on shifting focus to negative stuff.

Some great wrestling this weekend. Proud to be a part of the Ohio Valley wrestling community!

Comment

• commoncenz
                      All Ohio Valley
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by powtowner View Post
                      Interesting take on that ... I like Quinn's better .. where Quinn actually talked to the Buckeye wrestler afterwards and told him that he respected the fact that he was the only one (up to that point) who actually came out to wrestle him rather than just laying down. But, of course, we in the stands don't get to see that type of interaction between the wrestlers. As far as the "lateral drop" takedown ... go to the wtov highlights 1/18/13 and watch the video ... take a good look at about :39 you will see that the takedown was actually not a takedown as Quinn's right leg was out of bounds ... that said, I didn't expect OUR Josh Sokolowski to win ... I however, applaud his effort in defeat and choose not to ridicule a kid who gave better effort than most do against Quinn. And I respect the fact that young Mr. Quinn took the time to encourage a fellow competitor to continue to get better by letting him know that he gave him the best match he had received to that point.
                      As I said, I'll take Quinn's opinion on this ... because he actually wrestled the young man you are disparaging.
                      “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” - Dan Gable

“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”― Mark Twain

Comment

• redskin2010
                        Rookie
                        • Dec 2012

Leasure was sq last year he was one match away from placing just saying...quinn wrestled a good match tonight i just wanted to see leppla beat him

Comment

• commoncenz
                          All Ohio Valley
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Topper'95 View Post
                          Harvard/Yale, Take that stuff somewhere else. Anthony Craig wrestled a great tournament and defeated some tough competition. Why do you have to take this thread somewhere I'm sure others would rather not go? Tonight was about a lot of weeks of hard work from our area's HS wrestlers coming together to see where they stand amogst the best in the Valley. Instead you insist on shifting focus to negative stuff.

Some great wrestling this weekend. Proud to be a part of the Ohio Valley wrestling community!
                          Didn't notice this post before ... I agree, it was great to see all of the fantastic wrestling displayed by these kids. It was good to see the returning champions, the new champions and the future champions ... the skill and the heart ... KUDOS to all of the kids who participated in this tournament!
                          “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” - Dan Gable

“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”― Mark Twain

Comment

• gjalways
                            THE LAW
                            • Jun 2008

Pretty darn cool of the kid from Cambridge to rock a pink singlet as a tribute to his mom.
                            "I hope the EL players don't make a habit of jumping over players...#6 tried against Park...didn't work and he was almost made a liberal democrat on the spot..." - Kappy

Comment

• birdmanjl31
                              Season Ticket Holder
                              • Feb 2009

Awesome weekend of wrestling, congrats to all who participated and to all involved in making this the biggest conference tournament in the land.

Comment

• John_Rambo
                                Donating Member
                                • Jun 2008

Great job red devil wrestlers!!
                                “Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”

DAN GABLE

Comment

Working...
                                X