Ron Crook, head coach in waiting for Mountaineers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrianGossett
    Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
    • Jun 2008

Ron Crook, head coach in waiting for Mountaineers?

WVU recently hired Ron Crook, former coach at Stanford (and Harvard before that). He is a graduate, and former coach at West Liberty as well.

Our Travis Berardi takes a look at this hire more closely; http://www.ovathletics.com/home/croo...virginia/14529
    "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)
  • Dats Right
    Valued Contributor
    • Oct 2008

Ron & I went to West Liberty together. Great guy who was a lot of fun to be around. I wish him nothing but continued success.

Comment

• BrianGossett
      Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
      • Jun 2008

My freshman year was his last year at West Liberty before leaving for Harvard.

He know's his stuff. He was our offensive coordinator.
      "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• hounds
        Valued Contributor
        • May 2009

I'm not buying the whole, "Holgs is leaving for better things eventually" stuff. He had one good season. Why does everybody think he's going to jump ship? This is his first head coaching stint. Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe he likes it here?

Comment

• birdmanjl31
          Season Ticket Holder
          • Feb 2009

Welcome home Crookie! Good Luck in Motown!

Comment

Working...
          X