• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gjalways
    THE LAW
    • Jun 2008

Michigan Going for Two

Right call? I think it was. The Buckeye ground game was running down hill the entire game, and the Buckeyes were not stopping the weasels theough the air. Also, Michigan was going to a bowl regardless and there wasn't a Big Ten title or BCS game on the line for them so why not.

That my friends was the kind of game that should be expected in this rivalry. Carlos Hyde was a man among boys and mad respect to Devin Gardner. Dude has a ton of heart and huge balls. Brady Hoke's still a tool though, but he made the right call in going for 2.
    "I hope the EL players don't make a habit of jumping over players...#6 tried against Park...didn't work and he was almost made a liberal democrat on the spot..." - Kappy
  • secretstud96
    TROY FETTY
    • Jul 2008

I agree with the call. Michigan wasn't playing for anything than tho beat Ohio St.

Michigan was having trouble stopping OSU's offense. Hoke asked his seniors on offense if they wanted to go for 2. They all said yes.
    Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
    Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!”
    – Sun Tzu, quotes from the Art of War

Comment

• calisback619
      All Ohio Valley
      • Jun 2008

Was a great game osu may of came in a little over confident. Will be curious to see the punishments handed down to Hall, Hyde, and Wilson?

Agreed with the decision to go for it, didn't care for the play that was called, would of liked to seen them go back to Funchess or Butt on a jump ball. When Michigan lined up to go for it then osu called timeout and Michigan came back out and ran the same play they were going to run at first probably why it was defended so well imo.

I surprised Hoke had the guts to go for it, I know if Les was here he would of went for two.

Comment

• eobuck
        Valued Contributor
        • Jun 2008

Hyde will get the same punishment the scumbag Lewan got earlier in the year.

Comment

• calisback619
          All Ohio Valley
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by eobuck View Post
          Hyde will get the same punishment the scumbag Lewan got earlier in the year.
          Why call the kid a scumbag seriously what does that accomplish? I think that really reflects negatively on you when you make such an ill informed opinion about him. Do you know anything about Taylor other than watching him play on Saturday's?

Comment

• The Cavalier
            Cheerleader
            • Jul 2012

They had to go for it. Gardner looked like he could barely walk, and Michigan was playing the backup kicker. Ohio State would have almost certainly won in overtime, and it's hard to fault Michigan for playing for the win in the first place given their respective records and the rivalry.

Comment

• MonarchPower
              All Ohio Valley
              • Jun 2008

I would have went for two as well. However, I would have kicked a field goal from the 14 yard line on 4th and 2 at the beginning of the 4th quarter instead of going for it. If Michigan does that, they probably win. I give Hoke credit for having gonads but I personally would have kicked the FG. Too much time in the game to take chances like that in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
              X