• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadysidesue
    The Yoda of Ohio Valley Sports
    • Sep 2010

Karli Bonar - Lady "Oiler" - University of Findlay

Time to start a new thread for Karli as a "Lady Oiler" (former Shadyside Lady Tiger). Congrats to Karli being named a co-captain of the team as a sophomore! I think her on-court leadership was one of the things that first caught my eye when she started as a Lady Tiger. Can't wait to hear the on-line games for Findlay - hope Shadyside fans take advantage of watching one of our girls represent as she moves on in her basketball career. GO KARLI - GO 'OILERS'!
    Tiger Pride Is On Our Side!!
  • DONNI3YEAGS
    Ohio Valley Sports Expert
    • Oct 2009

Best of luck to her and her Findlay teammates. It's a nice campus with good sports programs and to be named a co-captain as a sophomore says alot for the work she is doing.
    Goodnight Canada!
    Leave the gun...take the canoli.
    If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white.

Comment

• shadysidesue
      • Sep 2010

Need to remember I started this thread as Karli is now a sophomore at Findlay. Have still posted on her Lady Tiger site as of yesterday. Needless to say, Karli is leading this team not only in maturity and skill but her three-point shooting is on fire. Love how her coach talks about her phenomenal shooting and calls her "Bones". The "Lady Oilers" are becoming a really great team in the GLIAC.

Comment

• shadysidesue
        • Sep 2010

Another update today - Karli Bonar named "Player of the Week" in the GLIAC-South from Findlay Women's Basketball Team. Congrats Karli!

Comment

• shadysidesue
          • Sep 2010

Congrats to Karli Bonar who had a game high 17 points today as the 'Lady Oilers' beat Lake Erie 66-58 @ LE.

Comment

• shadysidesue
            • Sep 2010

Way to go Karli! Karli Bonar broke the school record today for the most three-pointers in a season for University of Findlay. The previous record of 68 was set by Maggie Gompers during the 2008-09 campaign. Karli scored her 69th three-pointer today as the "Lady Oilers" beat Malone for their fourth straight win. Nice to see a former Shadyside "Lady Tiger" have success in her college games. Sure was disappointed today because I always listen to Karli's games on-line and today the radio station lost their contact and I just had to follow the stats line. Congrats Karli from your Shadyside fans!

Comment

• shadysidesue
              • Sep 2010

Well, it's almost summer and sports programs will go into summer practice. Hard to believe Karli Bonar will be a junior at Findlay next year! Can't wait to see the new 'Lady Oilers' take the court next season. I really don't like to offer advice to a coach because I'm certainly not qualified. However, I wish the Oiler coach wouldn't be so conservative in his play calling. Would love to see him unleash Karli more like the Connecticut coach does with his three-point shooter. I realize you have to keep the defense on their toes, but, I would have Karli shooting much more. Go Karli - scorch those nets!

Comment

• shadysidesue
                • Sep 2010

Getting my Findlay 'Oiler' shirt ready for the 2015 season and see #22 Karli B on the court soon!

Comment

• shadysidesue
                  • Sep 2010

Shadyside's Karli Bonar scored 17 points today in an 84-59 win against Otterbein University in an exhibition game in Croy Gymnasium. Their next game will be November 7th at Toledo. Congrats Karli! Have my Findlay shirt ready at all times!

Comment

• shadysidesue
                    • Sep 2010

Congrats to Shadyside's #22 Karli Bonar scoring the game high 19 points today vs Kentucky Wesleyan in Nashville, Tenn. Findlay looks very balanced this year. Go "OILERS"!!

Comment

• shadysidesue
                      • Sep 2010

Wish the coach of the Findlay Women's Basketball Team would unleash #22 Karli Bonar and let her go on a 3-point shooting spree, especially when time is running out and they're down 11 points. Taking it to the basket practically every play yesterday just killed them because the defense knew how to take them out of the game. Let's see, Steph Curry usually takes (at least) 13 three-point shots in a game for the Warriors. So, I have a tremendous three-point shooter on my team...why isn't she shooting more? I know...I'm not a coach. GO FINDLAY OILERS...#22 KARLI BONAR.

Comment

• shadysidesue
                        • Sep 2010

Congrats to Karli Bonar who was the high scorer who hit five (5) three-pointers for 15 points last night in a losing game with Dominican. Once again...unleash #22 and let her bomb away as time runs out! 'GO OILERS'

Comment

• shadysidesue
                          • Sep 2010

Congrats to former "Lady Tiger" Karli Bonar on breaking her own University of Findlay record for three's in a season at 72! Karli also holds the State of Ohio three-point record. The radio announcers were calling her the "sharpshooter from Shadyside, Ohio who still has a full year to play." They went on to say that she'll hold every record by the time she graduates. "Your hometown orange/black is proud of you Karli!"

Comment

• shadysidesue
                            • Sep 2010

Seth Stasky (TL) just posted in today's paper that the Ohio Valley crowd will, for the first time, get to see former "Lady Tiger" Karli Bonar play at Wheeling Jesuit University on Weds., Nov. 16th for a non-conference game. Let's get our Shadyside fans out there Nov. 16th and cheer "our girl" on! Hard to believe Karli is going to be a senior! How quickly time passes...

Comment

• shadysidesue
                              • Sep 2010

Getting ready to see/hear #22 Karli Bonar, Findlay, take the court in Indianapolis at 7:45p.m., tonight. Karli is one of the Captains this year in her senior year. How time flies!

Comment

Working...
                              X