X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xwrestler171x
    JV Squad
    • Jul 2008

I can agree it's the best stadium in the valley. Although, Big Red's field is really nice as well. I remember going there to watch Big Red play John Glenn my senior year a couple years back and was impressed with their stadium. Their home side is really big and awesome. The jumbotron at Big Red is sweet too. Big Red is right up there with the Island stadium.

Comment

• LoyalFan9
      Cheerleader
      • Aug 2008

The Video Board at Wheeling Island is bigger and has a better picture than the one at Steubenville. That comes from the man at Daktronics who installed both video boards. The reason Steubenville looks bigger is that it sit on top of the field (Which in my opinion is better than being 50 feet away from the field).

Comment

• edrforshey
        WV High School Football Insider
        • Jul 2008

That is one sweet looking scoreboard at Harding Stadium.

I run the scoreboard at Parkersburg Stadium Field and thought our new one was great until I saw that one at Steubenville.
        PARKERSBURG BIG REDS
        Home of 16 AAA
        WV State Football Titles

"The will to be a Champion means nothing,
        If you don't have the will to prepare."

Comment

• Wildman
          All Ohio Valley
          • Jul 2008

Yeah, and also, that horse blows out fire!

Comment

• supercoop
            Cheerleader
            • Jun 2008

To me, Wheeling Island Stadium is bland, not much color anywhere to be found other than the endzones. The scoreboard is 50-75 feet from the field itself, that is what makes the video-screen seem so small. I do like the seating, being close to the field. The only negative about Harding Stadium is the visitors sidelines......there isn't a whole lot of room over there. The players' momentum will have him closing in on the fence in a hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• big_red_drummer
              All Ohio Valley
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by supercoop View Post
              To me, Wheeling Island Stadium is bland, not much color anywhere to be found other than the endzones.
              You beat me to it. I was reading through this thread and that was the first thing that came to mind.

That's what I like about stadiums such as Harding and Martins Ferry. You know who plays there before you even walk into those stadiums. After you walk in, you immediately notice the entire stadium is covered in Red and Black/Purple and White. The Island is a great place to watch a game, but the concrete "look" is as bland as it gets.

Comment

• luap krap
                All Ohio Valley
                • Jul 2008

Yes those are "quality" porta johns they have for the vistors restrooms!

Comment

Working...
                X