Its time for the daily Wheeling Central thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BUCKEYE
    All Ohio Valley
    • Jun 2008

Its time for the daily Wheeling Central thread...

LOL.

Seriously though. I make it no mystery that I am a Wheeling Central fan. And it is no mystery that Wheeling Central is very underappreciated by the members on this website, but the Valley all over.

Why? I have not the slightest idea... I LOVE to see local teams do well (except nights they play CC).

They are riding a 33 game regular season win streak... if you include the playoffs in there, its over 40 games... but thats neither here nor there. They are riding a long win streak going into what is a rebuilding team, and one of the hardest schedules they've had in 20 years since they use to play Bellaire and Wheeling High on a regular basis.

So with that said, let me ask you this... what, if anything, do they have to do to gain some respect? Do they have to win another 10 games? Win another state championship? Give Steubenville a good game?

Will they ever be appreciated?
    OHIO STATE Buckeyes

Wheeling Central Maroon Knights
  • Wildman
    All Ohio Valley
    • Jul 2008

I also think most of the state of WVa doesn't appreciate, like, or even respect them.

Comment

• gjalways
      THE LAW
      • Jun 2008

People in general don't like winners.

There are also alot of people in The Valley that dislike Big Red. Why? Because, like Central, they always win. Central also catches added flack with the perception that they recruit.

IMHO, noone should have any animosity toward any high school team. After all, they're just kids. However, there are alot of idiots out there that like to bash kids and try to knock them down because they're successful.

That said, I think the Big Red-Wheeling Central game will be ugly.

I also think Central will win their 5th title in a row this year. That's nothing to sneeze at.
      "I hope the EL players don't make a habit of jumping over players...#6 tried against Park...didn't work and he was almost made a liberal democrat on the spot..." - Kappy

Comment

• Wildman
        All Ohio Valley
        • Jul 2008

I don't think people ever had animosity toward the kids of any high school, just the institution with the name and the adults with their peception of what they may or may not have done, whether that program consistantly wins or not. That's what I hear from a lot of people.

Comment

• time to shine
          Female Member
          • Jul 2008

I am not gonna hide it I am a Madonna fan heck I attend there. I respect Central. I am over the cheatin stuff, Central has talent they beat good teams. The people are nice there too. I even attended the 'ship game last year with a few friends just to watch them play and win.

Comment

• BrianGossett
            Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by ladydons14 View Post
            I am not gonna hide it I am a Madonna fan heck I attend there. I respect Central. I am over the cheatin stuff, Central has talent they beat good teams. The people are nice there too. I even attended the 'ship game last year with a few friends just to watch them play and win.

That was Refreshing
            "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• Al -4 TD- Bundy
              Rookie
              • Jul 2008

If your a WC fan you do have to worry that Mag played you very well. If Mag gave WC some problems what will Big Red do? Granted, it is only a 1st scrimmage. WC would struggle to beat St. C and Ferry this year let alone Big Red.

I hope WC does not plan to run the spin against Big Red. That could get someone hurt.

How was WC band during Jambo?
              Last edited by Al -4 TD- Bundy; 08-19-2008, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• bigred_91
                All Ohio Valley
                • Jul 2008

I feel up north on our side of the river, Big Red feels your pain. When you win, so many people wants to see you lose. I have alot of respect for Wheeling Central, I would like to see how many people in the stand will be there to see Big Red lose compared to watching Wheeling Central lose.

Roll Red Roll
                Everyone wants BIG RED
                They will all be ready for us.
                Their goal will be beating BIG RED.
                15 weeks is such a short time in our lives.
                Take them one week at a time.
                Take their best shots....And give'em ours.
                And let them know why,
                "We are the Champions"
                "We are Tradition"
                "We are BIG RED"

Comment

• OVSPORTS#1
                  Moderator & Donating Member
                  • Jul 2008

I think it is wonderful what WC acomplishes. They have many great kids there. I think they will have a tough season. Alot of youngster and some tough teams. I firmly believe a 5 and 5 record will get them in the playoffs. I personally think they will go 7 and 3. Im not trying to offend anyone at all. It takes alot of heart and guts to take the feild with Steubenville but there is no chance of a cchs win. Reno will be able to choose the outcome of this game. I do predict CCHS will recover and be in the title game in december.

Comment

• BUCKEYE
                    All Ohio Valley
                    • Jun 2008

Watch Out!

I'm here to tell ya, this kid is going to cause a lot of injuries this year....

D1 prospect Dan Gordon has already got offers from Marshal and WVU, according to scout.com he is ranked a 2 star prospect. According to scout.com, he is the only D1 defensive prospect in the OVAC. He has never smiled in his life, and he once roundhouse kicked Chuck Norris in the face.

Respect that.
                    Last edited by BUCKEYE; 08-20-2008, 02:39 AM.
                    OHIO STATE Buckeyes

Comment

• BUCKEYE
                      All Ohio Valley
                      • Jun 2008

OHIO STATE Buckeyes

Comment

• WheelingCentral
                        Season Ticket Holder
                        • Jul 2008

Hey buckeye, I think it is really scary that you have a picture of a high school kid on your computer. Do you find anything odd with that......

Comment

• Michael Corleone
                          All Ohio Valley
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BUCKEYE View Post
                          D1 prospect Dan Gordon has already got offers from Marshal and WVU, according to scout.com he is ranked a 2 star prospect. According to scout.com, he is the only D1 defensive prospect in the OVAC.

Steubenville's Branko Busick (LB) has already commited to WVU.
                          I loved baseball ever since Arnold Rothstein fixed the World Series in 1919.

Comment

• User Removed
                            Removed
                            • Jun 2008

Busick and Gordon are both warriors.

Corleone is right....Branko commited to WVU this past April/May..

Comment

• BannedForever
                              Suspended Member
                              • Jul 2008

CORN,

There is no comparison.

Branko is on a whole nother level then any kid in the OVAC.

Comment

Working...
                              X