X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imatiger
    Season Ticket Holder
    • Oct 2011

You don't see any Shadyside faithful "running their mouths" here. There's not 1 thread that says Shadyside will go 10-0. Theres several saying Bellaire will. But, I do give Bellaire credit where credit is due. They took this game knowing if they lose, they got beat by D-VII Shadyside, If they win, it's just another game they should win, big deal. I love the fact that the smashmouth football games are alive again in Shadyside. And no one can complain about the excitement and the amount of money the gate will see because of this game. 2 struggling school districts for 1 game can enjoy a little money, and a brand new rivalry. I say put this one on the schedule every year. Even if Shadyside is on the losing end, its an exciting week and game. I won't miss this one.

Comment

• Neutral
      All Ohio Valley
      • Aug 2012

Great job

Originally posted by imatiger View Post
      You don't see any Shadyside faithful "running their mouths" here. There's not 1 thread that says Shadyside will go 10-0. Theres several saying Bellaire will. But, I do give Bellaire credit where credit is due. They took this game knowing if they lose, they got beat by D-VII Shadyside, If they win, it's just another game they should win, big deal. I love the fact that the smashmouth football games are alive again in Shadyside. And no one can complain about the excitement and the amount of money the gate will see because of this game. 2 struggling school districts for 1 game can enjoy a little money, and a brand new rivalry. I say put this one on the schedule every year. Even if Shadyside is on the losing end, its an exciting week and game. I won't miss this one.
      Love to see my Bellaire vs Shadyside, and finally good local teams battle.
      Just like years ago when Brooke played Big Red, although not a close game, the two teams and buildup was amazing.
      This year, Park vs Big Red may have the same making, if both teams go in about 7-1 or such, that stadium could be wall to wall.
      But as you said early, WAY TO EARLY, not sure who has what and injuries may come into play.

Comment

• announcerguydrew
        Suspended Member
        • Aug 2012

When this game was scheduled I cleared my calender for that date so that I could make certain that I would be there for this game and I am really looking forward to these 2 programs getting together on the gridiron for the first time since 1950.

This is a landmark game and event for the Valley.

Comment

• Jake
          OVATHLETICS.COM 3K CLUB
          • Nov 2010

Good post. If any Bellaire posters are saying Bellaire will go 10-0 it's just fan enthusiasm and not slighting any opponent. It should and will be good game and I might imagine that even Shadyside fans will agree that Bellaire is the favorite. Of course the game is played on the field and anything can happen.

Comment

• Colts76
            Valued Contributor
            • Sep 2010

As a neutral observer I am excited to see this game being played. It is a great thing for both schools and for the valley football fans. It sort of reminds me of the old Moundsville and Union rivalry. Still hate MooseMeat!!!

Comment

• BrianGossett
              Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
              • Jun 2008

This is an interesting game, especially with the amount of former Bellaire coaches on Shadysides staff. Teacher vs Student.
              "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• xtra>
                All Ohio Valley
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by OVATHLETICS.COM View Post
                This is an interesting game, especially with the amount of former Bellaire coaches on Shadysides staff. Teacher vs Student.
                I think the former Bellaire coaches left Shadyside.

Comment

• RedIs4Heart
                  Season Ticket Holder
                  • Oct 2009

I think this is a terrible game for Bellaire. If you win, you were supposed to, if you lose it is a huge upset. Would rather have kept East Liverpool. We'd get more points from them too.

Comment

• imatiger
                    Season Ticket Holder
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by RedIs4Heart View Post
                    I think this is a terrible game for Bellaire. If you win, you were supposed to, if you lose it is a huge upset. Would rather have kept East Liverpool. We'd get more points from them too.
                    A team thats projected to go 10-0 doesn't need the extra points. The school NEEDS the gate. And the money that will go into the local economy before and after the game.

Comment

• shadysidesue
                      The Yoda of Ohio Valley Sports
                      • Sep 2010

Agree that this game is long overdue and exciting for the valley. What I don't understand is why there is so much projection that Bellaire is the huge favorite. In the 1950's, the Big Reds of Bellaire had a huge team and Shadyside would pretty much get smacked. However, times have changed and the economy has affected the enrollment numbers in all schools. Bellaire is not that much bigger, enrollment wise, than Shadyside. This game, in my opinion, is pretty evenly matched. Hope everyone gets out to this historic rematch!
                      Tiger Pride Is On Our Side!!

Comment

• 88 Bulldog
                        Valued Contributor
                        • Jun 2010

A team thats projected to go 10-0 doesn't need the extra points. The school NEEDS the gate. And the money that will go into the local economy before and after the game.
                        Gulla's better order extra hot dogs for pre game and post game meals!

Comment

• Jello Man
                          The Yoda of Ohio Valley Sports
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by shadysidesue View Post
                          Agree that this game is long overdue and exciting for the valley. What I don't understand is why there is so much projection that Bellaire is the huge favorite. In the 1950's, the Big Reds of Bellaire had a huge team and Shadyside would pretty much get smacked. However, times have changed and the economy has affected the enrollment numbers in all schools. Bellaire is not that much bigger, enrollment wise, than Shadyside. This game, in my opinion, is pretty evenly matched. Hope everyone gets out to this historic rematch!
                          I also think it is pretty evenly matched. I just think Bellaire has a little bit more depth and experience.

Comment

• hooptyhorn
                            All Ohio Valley
                            • Sep 2010

I agree
                            Pride~Spirit~Tradition & HEART

Comment

• BHiggy1961
                              Season Ticket Holder
                              • Nov 2010

Lmao at huge upset. Until this year Bellaire was a member of the Buckeye 8 for Gods sake. If most of those teams didn't get 7 games against one another they would have losing records. As for the point situation you are correct, you would get more from East Liverpool because you would more than likely beat them.

Comment

• announcerguydrew
                                Suspended Member
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by hooptyhorn View Post
                                I agree
                                anyone that believes this is a terrible game for Bellaire is clearly not a football fan in the Ohio Valley.

Keep up that "old boy network" thinking and keep setting football back 40 years.

The Valley NEEDS games like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X