All Ohio Valley
    • Jun 2013

This program is such a train wreck.

Comment

• calisback619
      All Ohio Valley
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by OVATHLETICS.COM View Post
      If Hoke is fired mid season, any possibility of Lloyd Carr filling an interim role?
      Hoke won't be fired mid season. Lloyd is fighting a family battle right now, his daughters' little 4 year old boy has been diagnosed a rare type of cancer and the family has been in and out of Mott's children's hospital in Ann Arbor. Lots of politics going on in Ann Arbor some people still pulling for Hoke.

Comment

• hare_2002
        Valued Contributor
        • Sep 2012

Hoke got Flooded last weekend

Comment

• football7
          Valued Contributor
          • Jan 2011

Not that ESPN knows anything for sure but I've heard multiple times it's a done deal Harbaugh is out in San Francisco after this year. I personally find that hard to believe especially this early in the season. If that should happen though, Harbaugh is the perfect guy for Michigan. He will bring his own style and personality and not worry about impressing anyone. Being a "Michigan man" is one of the biggest jokes I've ever heard in qualifications for a candidate. As an OSU fan, I would not want Harbaugh at UM. He is a great coach.

Comment

• DCValleyguy
            Season Ticket Holder
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by football7 View Post
            Not that ESPN knows anything for sure but I've heard multiple times it's a done deal Harbaugh is out in San Francisco after this year. I personally find that hard to believe especially this early in the season. If that should happen though, Harbaugh is the perfect guy for Michigan. He will bring his own style and personality and not worry about impressing anyone. Being a "Michigan man" is one of the biggest jokes I've ever heard in qualifications for a candidate. As an OSU fan, I would not want Harbaugh at UM. He is a great coach.
            As a OSU fan, I wouldn't want Harbaugh at Michigan University either!

Comment

• purpleryderbooster
              Valued Contributor
              • Jun 2008

my guess is he wont go back to college. if he does get released from 49 ers 20 nfl teams would be there to get him to coach their team just my 2 cents

Comment

• football7
                Valued Contributor
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by purpleryderbooster View Post
                my guess is he wont go back to college. if he does get released from 49 ers 20 nfl teams would be there to get him to coach their team just my 2 cents
                This is likely if an NFL team offers the total package. College teams can only offer so much. The Raiders for example can offer him head coach, GM, director of player personnel, etc. And they have a lot more money to offer.

Comment

• hanratty5
                  Valued Contributor
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by CW Heisman97 View Post
                  Michigan is simply not a top destination job anymore & top flight coaches are not going to leave premium jobs to coach at Michigan. The top 7 guys UM might be interested likely include:Nick Saban, David Shaw, Jim Harbaugh, John Harbaugh, Jon Gruden, Les Miles, and Kevin Sumlin.The Harbaugh brothers and Gruden could land any NFL opening very quickly plus who would leave Bama, Stanford, LSU, and Texas A&M in talent rich recruiting areas to come to Michigan.

Unfortunately if Coach Hoke is fired I can only see them landing a top OC/DC who wants a head coaching job, recently fired coach(or a coach on the hot seat like Muschamp)or a low level D1 coach seeking out what use to be a destination job
                  Interesting that you would mention Shaw, I was watching Stanford's last home game against Washington State, and saw about 20,000 fans in attendance, and I thought, how come Shaw is not mentioned for the Michigan job?? These might be Michigan's darkest days and they still get over 100.000 to EVERY home game. Against some bad teams. If Shaw was offered this job, it would be a huge step up, Stanford has the better program right now, but in the long run Stanford is not Michigan...

Comment

• football7
                    Valued Contributor
                    • Jan 2011

Other than possibly Florida, there doesn't appear to be any obvious other top coaching vacancies. Off the top of my head, no top teams from any conference will be looking to get rid of their coaches. Because of this, Michigan should have top pick of any coaches and shouldn't be competing with anyone.

Comment

• calisback619
                      All Ohio Valley
                      • Jun 2008

Potential coaching candidates will be contacted shortly through the back channels of communication. IF the AD is fired I look for Jim Harbaugh be the next head coach at Michigan.

Comment

• calisback619
                        All Ohio Valley
                        • Jun 2008

Dave Brandon stepping down as AD. BIG move in the right direction to getting Harbaugh, was no way he would work with Dave.

Comment

• calisback619
                          All Ohio Valley
                          • Jun 2008

Look for an announcement tomorrow sometime afternoon.

Comment

• knoxville
                            All Ohio Valley
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by football7 View Post
                            Other than possibly Florida, there doesn't appear to be any obvious other top coaching vacancies. Off the top of my head, no top teams from any conference will be looking to get rid of their coaches. Because of this, Michigan should have top pick of any coaches and shouldn't be competing with anyone.
                            Premature comment!

Comment

• Jake
                              OVATHLETICS.COM 3K CLUB
                              • Nov 2010

In a small way I do feel for Hoke, great recruiter would indicate he is a good person that the young players like. Unfortunately guys like Hoke @ 4.1 million a year and Pelini @ 3.1 need to never work another day the rest of their lives, or their children. I really can't have a lot of sympathy for multi millionaires that lose a job.

Comment

• cbc64
                                Season Ticket Holder
                                • Jul 2008

Jim Harbaugh is not leaving the NFL.......Michigan is no longer a top tier job. They will not get a big name coach and another change is just going to set the program back even farther. They would be better off to keep Hoke and save the 4.5 million they will have to pay him not to coach. UM is a dead program living off its glories from the Bo years. UM will always be what it is right now and big name coaches now that.

Comment

Working...
                                X