• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wildman
    All Ohio Valley
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Its!Good! View Post
    Magnolia High School (New Martinsville, WV)

1981 3-1 (State Runner-Up)
    1988 2-1
    1991 2-1
    1992 3-1 (State Runner-Up) USA Today top 25 in the Country
    1993 3-1 (State Runner-Up) USA Today top 25 in the Country
    1997 2-1
    1998 2-1
    2000 0-1
    2001 2-1
    2005 2-1
    2006 0-1
    2007 2-1
    2008 2-0

Total 25-12
    State Runner Up (3 Times)
    2 Times Ranked in the top 25 in the Country (Both seasons it poured rain during the state championship games and Magnolia was upset both games)

Maybe 2008 will be the year for the BIG BLUE.
    What, you just went back to 1980 only? Runner-up in 72 and state champs in 64.

Comment

• BrianGossett
      Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
      • Jun 2008

Is that the John Spensor year? Joe Maroon? Who else was taking care of business on that team?

Originally posted by BELARGE1 View Post
      To OVACSPORTS.COM,

Not so fast my friend 1985 was the year St. Clairsville went,"10-0 with no place to go!" That team was loaded with talent and could have went deep in the current set-up, but there were only 3 divisions at that time and the top 2 in each region qualified! I think St. C finished 3rd or fourth during that year in their region!
      "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• Michael Corleone
        All Ohio Valley
        • Aug 2008

Updates made to St. Clairsville on the original post.

I am not adding West Virginia to my original post.
        I loved baseball ever since Arnold Rothstein fixed the World Series in 1919.

Comment

• BELARGE1
          Cheerleader
          • Oct 2008

To OVACSPORTS.COM,

1985 St. C team had Joey Maroon at QB, John Spencer at FB, Shawn Vincent at TB, Scott Falicky at LB,Troy Gross at LB, Ron Busby at SS just to name a few of the outstanding seniors and juniors that played on this undefeated team! Many old-timers feel that this group was one the best ever to come out of St. C along with the 1986 squad that lost 22-21 in the state semi-finals and of course the 2007 Red Devils who finished 12-1 and advanced to the Regional Finals!
          Last edited by BELARGE1; 11-25-2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• iknowmysports

Originally posted by BELARGE1 View Post
            To OVACSPORTS.COM,

1985 St. C team had Joey Maroon at QB, John Spencer at FB, Shawn Vincent at TB, Scott Falicky at LB, C.J. Gross at LB, Ron Busby at SS just to name a few of the outstanding seniors and juniors that played on this undefeated team! Many old-timers feel that this group was one the best ever to come out of St. C along with the 1986 squad that lost 22-21 in the state semi-finals and of course the 2007 Red Devils who finished 12-1 and advanced to the Regional Finals!
            CJ Gross was NOT on that team. It was his brother Troy. I think the best team to come out of St.C was the 85 season (86 class, Shawn Vincent QB, John Spencer TB, Spike Johnson FB......), 2nd best was the 78 season (class of 79 Tim Spencer, Keith Brown, Chip VanCuren, Charlie Shanks....to name a few.)

Comment

• BELARGE1
              Cheerleader
              • Oct 2008

To iknowmysports,

I stand corrected on the Gross brothers, they were both tough as nails and were great football players, if I remember correctly, Troy played most of his senior year with a broken wrist! The 1978 team was very talented with Tim Spencer leading the way. Spencer was named to the Parade HS All-American team & later starred at The Ohio State University!
              Last edited by BELARGE1; 11-25-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• BrianGossett
                Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by iknowmysports View Post
                Charlie Shanks

There has been a couple times in the past few years that I thought we might see Charlie jump the fence and make a tackle...

He sure gets fired up on Friday nights.
                "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• Michael Corleone
                  All Ohio Valley
                  • Aug 2008

Updates made to original post:

St. C - 1983 regional champ

Jewett-Scio added.

Comment

• Michael Corleone
                    All Ohio Valley
                    • Aug 2008

Edison North and Edison South added.

Comment

• Michael Corleone
                      All Ohio Valley
                      • Aug 2008

Updated Zanesville

Comment

• Michael Corleone
                        All Ohio Valley
                        • Aug 2008

Updated Woodsfield

I believe the original post is complete.

If there are any mistakes please reply with the correction.

Comment

• gjalways
                          THE LAW
                          • Jun 2008

Jewett-Scio was not an OVAC school.
                          "I hope the EL players don't make a habit of jumping over players...#6 tried against Park...didn't work and he was almost made a liberal democrat on the spot..." - Kappy

Comment

• Michael Corleone
                            All Ohio Valley
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by godons View Post
                            Jewett-Scio was not an OVAC school.
                            Thought they were, I stand corrected.

Also, Marietta never made it while they were a member in the OVAC. They have had one playoff appearance and that was in 2002.

Comment

• knowledge
                              All Ohio Valley
                              • Jun 2008

So... it looks like Zanesville was the first ever OVAC team on the Ohio side to make the Playoffs, and Steubenville is the first to Win a State Title.

Comment

• Michael Corleone
                                All Ohio Valley
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by knowledge View Post
                                So... it looks like Zanesville was the first ever OVAC team on the Ohio side to make the Playoffs, and Steubenville is the first to Win a State Title.
                                Zanesville was not in the OVAC when they made it. Buckeye South was the first team to make it as an OVAC member.

Comment

Working...
                                X