• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kappy
    All Ohio Valley
    • Mar 2009

The Mafia

While their influence is waning outside the Wood of War...it is alive and kicking in the little burgh...it's not a tournament...it's a fundraiser...Deepthroat sez 'follow the money'...

Comment

• Kappy
      All Ohio Valley
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Kappy View Post
      While their influence is waning outside the Wood of War...it is alive and kicking in the little burgh...it's not a tournament...it's a fundraiser...Deepthroat sez 'follow the money'...
      they just happened to have some basketballs...at their fundraiser...

Comment

• newbie13
        JV Squad
        • Feb 2010

Back to Fab Fresh -
        What a great showing at the state tournament. Bucon and McCormick gained a lot of excellent experience. Robb was strong for Park and Puskarich proved that she may be the best freshmen in the state. Great season girls. Looking forward to "SUPER SOPHOMORES"

Comment

• Jstwnbby
          Season Ticket Holder
          • Sep 2008

Wow, great game by the Frosh!!!! I guess my statements earlier in this thread were pretty accurate. I'm not Einstein but they clearly developed into a two headed
          monster for being freshman. Kudos to the other players, you all had a great ride this year and played very hard all year. I think the Fab Frosh put Park back in contention for the next few years. Great job Park!!!!

Comment

• basketballace
            Cheerleader
            • Feb 2009

Kappy ~just wanted to thank you for starting this great thread. It has been a great year in the Northern Panhandle for girls basketball. From the Fab Frosh to the great upperclassmen leadership both Park and Central have proven that they are teams to watch. Way to go Park and Central you have both made us proud and no doubt there are teams throughout the state that want nothing to do with you next year. We can look forward to more great basketball in the future-----keep up the good work!

Comment

• bballfan1971
              Cheerleader
              • Jan 2009

It was great watching both Park and Central play in the State Tourament. The fab frosh did a nice job for all teams. The Park game was a great game - it was a great team effort! Softball Mom - I am proud that both the OC and MC 8th grade players came to support Park and Central!

Both Central and Park have a lot to look forward to in the future. Both teams have a great foundation to build on for future success! Way to go in the 2009-2010 Season! Looking forward to next year.

Comment

• Softball Mom
                ~Female Member~
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bballfan1971 View Post
                It was great watching both Park and Central play in the State Tourament. The fab frosh did a nice job for all teams. The Park game was a great game - it was a great team effort! Softball Mom - I am proud that both the OC and MC 8th grade players came to support Park and Central!

Both Central and Park have a lot to look forward to in the future. Both teams have a great foundation to build on for future success! Way to go in the 2009-2010 Season! Looking forward to next year.
                Believe me, I didn't intend to insult anyone. I am very proud of the northern panhandle girls. I was just commenting on tournament play and on teams entering, playing, and being dedicated to any tournament. I will leave it at that.

Comment

• Kappy
                  All Ohio Valley
                  • Mar 2009

Fab frosh Realized

Originally posted by Kappy View Post
                  Look out Ohio Valley!

There is a group of freshman going to Wheeling Central, Wheeling Park, John Marshall, and Shadyside which have honed their travel ball skills while members of THE OC.

They won well and often displaying excellent skills and greater determination.

Last year these girls were 55-6 and 135-31 in the last 3 years.

You can check the stats at www.leaguelineup.com/theoc under 14U and 13U teams.

To our beloved 'Baby Blues' good luck and God Speed. We'll be watching...

Roll Blue Roll
                  In September, I thought the girls I'm most familiar with would have an impact in OVAC girls' basketball...and hoped for the best...

WOW...never thought that many would make varsity and play as much...and in a few cases truly lead their teams to many, many victories...and over 1000 points...

Just shows when travel numbers are expanded...good results will follow...

it was so fun following ALL the Fab Frosh around the valley...next year...who knows what results will be...but 1 thing I know these girls will work all year and come back with stronger skills, maturity...and a renewed determination to be the best they can be...

as 'Supr Sophs'...

and they will be joined by another large number of freshman who will have stong work ethics striving to be 'Fab frosh'...the next generation.

Thanks for a great ride...a job well done.

Good luck...God Speed....

OC BB...Roll blue Roll !!!

Comment

• Kappy
                    All Ohio Valley
                    • Mar 2009

See Fab Frosh I & II

The 2nd Annual Wheeling Park Classic will take place April 16th to April 18th.

All games will be played at Wheeling Park High School and surrounding middle school gyms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to see this year's and next year's edition of the Fab Frosh...come see the 'Baby Blues'" of the OC...and Marshall County in this tournament...it's the only travel tournament in Wheeling...this year...

Good luck and God Speed

OC BB Roll Blue Roll !!!

Comment

• Jay Morris
                      Cheerleader
                      • Jan 2009

The Class of 2013 will prove to be a very strong class for OVAC girls basketball in the next three years. There have been great contributions from the players mentioned above. Also OVAC champs Fort Frye had a great season starting three freshmen, Deidra Combs, Taylor Buchanan, Morgan Liedtke. Who will be the best of that class is long from being determined. There will be many college players in this group.

As far as the freshman season goes, Emily Puskarich of Wheeling Park has been an all-around strong player. I don't think it's fair to say who's best. They are all very talented, but she is the leading scorer of a team that went 18-6 against strong competition. Her strongest games came against the best teams. She stepped up her game when needed. She's a good defender who creates many steals on defense and her personality keeps it all in perspective.

I think we'll see some great basketball from the Class of 2013 in the upcoming three seasons.

Comment

• Dr DNG
                        Valued Contributor
                        • Aug 2008

Marshall County Tournament

The Marshall County Girls Tournament will be April 9-11
                        All teams are guaranteed three games.
                        Enry fee is $125.
                        Contact Dave Gaudino dgaudino@access.k12.wv.us

The Marshall county Boys Tournament will be April 23-25
                        Contact Casey Storm at (304) 843-4444

Comment

• Park Grad
                          JV Squad
                          • Dec 2008

What age girls and boys ?

Comment

• Dr DNG
                            Valued Contributor
                            • Aug 2008

Marshall Co Tournaments

Girls - Grades 4-8

Boys 4-11

Comment

• Kappy
                              All Ohio Valley
                              • Mar 2009

O.V.A.C Congratulations !!!

Our congratulations go to...

Shadyside's Karli Bonar and WP's Emily Puskarich...

1st Team All-OVAC !!!

We're sure your determination and hard work will continue to benefit you and your team's efforts...

Way to go !

OC BB Roll Blue Roll !!!

Comment

• GoodSport
                                Season Ticket Holder
                                • Jan 2009

Congrats to emily, karli and kylie howard

Comment

Working...
                                X